HALLOWING POINT GARDEN CLUB
WHO ARE WE?
The HPGC was originally organized as a member of the Garden Clubs of Virginia, but over time has taken on more of a community/social club function in that meetings deal with a variety of interests and community projects. Some meetings have guest speakers, while others are purely social and to which spouses and guests are invited. Participation is strictly voluntary and open for a person to do as little or as much as she desires.
The HPGC supports the intellectual, social and community interests of its members. Dues are $30 per year, payable at the beginning of each program year (September-June) and membership is open to women residing in Hallowing Point.
“To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding..
That can make this life a garden.”
- Socialize and network with women from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Experience community improvement opportunities via HPGC sponsored programs.
- Build personal skill through club leadership opportunities such as helping plan programs, chairing a committee and becoming an officer.
- Contribute to the larger community through fundraising and volunteer projects.
- Participate in interest groups, lectures, day trips, and social events, plus so much more.
WHAT DO MEMBERS DO?
Contribute their particular expertise to activities.
Host activities and program meetings.
Engage in networking and leadership opportunities.
Contribute ideas for new programs and energy to existing programs.
Participate in community projects enabling members to make a difference in the lives of others.
PLEASE JOIN US!
The HPGC offers great opportunities for learning, friendship and service. If you are interested and would like to join or attend a meeting, please contact Jessie Devamithran, HPGC President (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Linda Dameron, HPGC Vice President (email@example.com).